Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thankful for a Classmate

I'd like to start by saying that it's been an enjoyable year overall, because even though I hate most of my decisions all throughout what we've done so far, there have been people there for the whole time who weren't going to let me stray too far away.
This year has been tough, because I always thought that the frackies would stay together, even in the cloud of new freshmen and the sophomores in their classes. Then I realized that it was so much different than what I expected. I see bonds weaken and break between friends as they hang out with new people more than those whom they've known longer. I've been a part of that too, seeing as I've been to more freshie houses than frackie houses this year. That's tough. I've seen my closest friend switch the tables on me, with them being the connection to the "Game Night Group" instead of me.
I'm  thankful to the frackies nearby me in this class. Rashmi, Sydney, and Ayanna (and I guess Makenzie, Marta, and Dorothy too), because even though you may decide not to listen to my sometimes daft sometimes clever ideas, you are all still familiar faces and that reminds me that I'm in good company.
I'm thankful for new friends, like Emilio and Rodrigo. I've got 7th period with, and it's always better to walk in company than by yourself.
My one regret is not making more bonds with the people in this class, and I hope to know all of you by name soon, because I can't keep going on like this. It's really a problem.
Forgetting the homework that all of us have been given for a second, just try to spend some time relaxing and enjoying yourselves this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment